Monday 21 March 2011

The indignities of google

Is there anyone with an internet connection who has never been tempted to do a Google image search of their name, to see if they appear anywhere near the top?

A recent idle, perhaps vain moment delivered a most joltingly shocking result. Of the 1,900,000 images of Pete Rogers on Google, no. 9 is an image of me, topless, looking slightly unhinged, sporting a rather unattractive 12cm betadine-covered stapled-up wound on my belly.

Could i ever apply for a job again (without using a pseudonym):-) ?

Facebook fails can be avoided without a profile, but can anyone avoid this type of Google publicity? Its ironic that many companies spend stacks of cash trying to get close to the top of Google's 1st page.

With my current image ratings, i should be inclined to dig deep to try and worsen my score... if i wasn't such an exhibitionist!

1 comment:

  1. I know about the problem. That is why I recently asked you to delete my comment on your posting which I made on 27 July 2009 18:56. Unfortunately I wrote my full name and therefore I can be found on google.

    If it is possible to delete my thread or at least my comment I will be very happy. Best wishes C.M.

    ReplyDelete