Thursday 21 October 2010

Out of hospital - Convalescing in Palma

My staples are out (no more pictures..) and I'm hanging out by the pool at my relative Rosemary's apartment.
Mum is also here!! She flew out yesterday morning to nurse me back to health and accompany me home. What a total heroine.
She's great company.

The view from here is amazing. A panoramic sea view that changes throughout the day. A huge change from the 4 walls of the ward.

Just a bit paranoid about what I eat. What took me back to hospital was an Ileus Paralyticus.
My guts, already stunned by the operation, became inactive again because - I think - of what I was eating when i was first at Rosemary's. Apricots could have been the culprit. Time, painkillers and lots of fluids sorted me out in hospital so no new surgery will be necessary, which is good news.

Back to bread and water now

3 comments:

  1. That's great news,though no Sangria yet.It will come.You keep the good spirits up and hello to your mum!Thinking of you all the time,
    Kira,Reece and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannie and Cathy here catching up on your blog and marvelling at your scar pics.... You've put us off our breakfast!!! Hope you manage a bit more to eat yourself today. Lots of love to you, Mum and Rosemary from us all Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We send lots of love to you all. Your scar surpasses Anne's old gall bladder scar! which was quite long (before the days of laser surgery?!) But it will fade eventually - like an old soldier! You are all constantly in our prayers. Love Tom and Anne Lunt

    ReplyDelete